..:: Italian Cottagers ::..

todays game, fulham boy away from home

« Older   Newer »
cockneysteve
view post Posted on 16/3/2008, 18:05

hello fellow fulham fans. i have just arrived back at my hotel in monza after watching the game with dani at varedo. danis girlfriend, jessica has brought me back in her car with dani. may i through the italiancottagers forum thank jessicas family members and dani for their hospitality today. it has taken care of what would have been a shit day for me in my hotel waiting for the result. as a longtime fulham fan, some 40 years now, to meet fellow fans from another country is fantastic and i wish all of you well in supporting my team (and yours! ) and hope you enjoy the fantastic hospitality that is unique to craven cottage and all the fulham fans who have gone before you and will continue for many years to come. our family is unique and special and you are all privelidged to be a part of it. i hope in the future to maybe offer any of you the hospitality of my home should you be visiting the north of england to watch the mighty whites of SW6. until then as we say in england KEEP THE FAITH. c.o.y.w.

view post Posted on 16/3/2008, 18:23

Group:
Administrator

That's a beautiful story, Steve.
Thank to you, Dani, Jessica, and her family.
I'm so happy that this could happen via this forum.
It's confirmed that Fulham maybe a small club, but it's is a great family, whose members are spread all over the world.
And today we also have had a great result.
As our sponsor says, we can say that Life is Good, today!

view post Posted on 17/3/2008, 10:46

Group:
Administrator

La vicenda di ieri è stata in perfetta sintonia con lo stile del Fulham ("fulhamish", si dice), uno stile dato dalla familiarità (il club è rinomato per il suo open approach to football: tutti, dai giocatori ai dirigenti, sono, per tradizione, molto vicini alla gente), dalla semplicità (delle maglie bianche e di un piccolo club di quartiere che non ha mai vinto nessun trofeo) e dalla bellezza (di un campo in mezzo a un parco e in riva al Tamigi con incorporato un Cottage).
Ci pensate?
Un tifoso dei Cottagers si trovava disperso in uno di quegli impersonali alberghi per viaggiatori dalle parti di Saronno ed era in ansia perchè non sapeva come riuscire a vedere la cruciale partita con l'Everton.
Non si è perso d'animo, è andato in un internet point, ha lanciato un SOS sul nostro forum e - e questa è fortuna - ha trovato Dani che abitava lì vicino e l'ha invitato a casa sua a vedere la partita!

Del calcio - ancora più dell'aspetto tecnico - mi piace questa sua caratteristica di legare come in una famiglia tutti coloro che si riconoscono in determinati valori; i famosi 22 giocatori in mutande che inseguono un pallone che rotola sul prato a volte sono solo un pretesto per vedere posti e conoscere persone che non avresti mai pensato di vedere e conoscere. . . . .

dani.cottager
view post Posted on 17/3/2008, 19:05

Se mai Steve dovessi passare di qui una di queste sere dal tuo truck o da una stanza d' albergo...... una cosa:
GRAZIEEEEEE
THANK YOU FULHAM BOY.....

Jarvis80
view post Posted on 18/3/2008, 08:53

i have no words to describe what is has happened
it's incredible...incredible
i have to tell this story to everyone who loves the football
thanx to all guys

4 replies since 16/3/2008, 18:05   102 views